PMOD Base Functionality Introduction
This guide describes the installation of the PMOD software, the different levels of configuration, and the versatile image analysis tool which belongs to the base installation of PMOD. It supports many operations for image reviewing and scientific data analysis:
- Loading medical images in different formats, including DICOM.
- Viewing the images with different color tables and in different layouts.
- Calculating new slice images in arbitrary new orientations.
- Performing various image processing and manipulation operations.
- Displaying fusion images of matched data sets (image registration is a separate option).
- Performing volume-of-interest analyses and the calculation of time-activity curves from dynamic studies.
- Saving images in different formats, including DICOM, and directly C-STORE them to a DICOM server.
Additionally, this guide explains important notions generally used in PMOD tools such as
- The image data formats, their loading and saving.
- Control of layouts and image display.
- Inter-operation of tools.
For getting started with PMOD we recommend the following approach:
- Browse this document as it gives the foundation for all other PMOD tools.
- Browse the PMOD User's Guides of the other PMOD tools you are interested in.
- Perform some practical exercises based on the example data provided with the installation and the step-by-step descriptions in the PMOD Workbook.
- Attend one of the proven bi-annual PMOD Trainings which are announced on PMOD's website.
For learning more about the theory and practice of kinetic modeling we recommend one of the following excellent courses:
- PET Pharmacokinetics (2.5 days, workshop to be held with next BrainPET meeting in Barcelona).
- PET Methodology Course (3 days, Imperial College London).